Tuesday, February 28, 2006

February End of Month Report

Goals: I didn't get after the lunch thing like I wanted, and went out more than I wanted. I still did not eat any fast food. 2 months of no fast food may be a record for me since I was about 12 years old. I also ate a little better at dinner time, but still didn't have a plan like I wanted.

Exercise: Barely made 13 workout goal (last one was today), but I DID make the 13 so that's good. I increased the difficulty slightly, but I am really in need of good cardio, I thnk in the next month the weather should provide some opportunity there. One thing I did find out this month that with less frequent workouts I felt less energetic which leads to lazier diet habits. I miss jogging for the health & mental welness it brings me, that's life in Ohio.

Weight: This is probably where most people changing health habits get hung up, including me. I feel like I've not lost anything but I checked my end of Jan. report and I was 262.5, so I have lost 3 pounds this month (curently 259.5 lbs.), which is more reasonable than the weight I lost (12.5 lbs.) in the first month. My goal of 250.0 lbs. this month was way too much to expect n one month. Long term vision is difficult at times, but if I look back I've lost 15.5 lbs. in total for a 7.75 lbs./month rate which is pretty good. Adding cardio in the mix of my workouts will help.

Notes: Wednesday I will roll out my March plan which will be more challenging in some areas & more realistic in others. Thanks to everyone who has left comments of support the last 2 months. I'm not quiting on myself. I see my Dad at 63 in rehab for a replaced knee & other health problems and know that is not where I want to be at that age, so now is the time to make life changes.

No comments: