Monday, November 15, 2010

Looking for my inner Warrior...

I am in a real health funk, and have been in for a year I think. They are really hard to see yourself when they start, but boy am I in it now. I weigh as much as I did when I started on here, which includes almost a 50 lb. weight loss the right way. Now I'm hovering around 270 lb mark again and I can't stand it.

There's a whole host of reasons for my current situation, but I don't want to dwell on the negative. I take ownership of my current well being.

For a month now a friend of mine has been talking about a race called the Warrior Dash. I didn't know much about it and did a little research online. The Warrior dash is around a 5k race with all kinds of fun looking obstacles & mud along the way. It looks like just the kind of event I would love. Sadly, I ignored the emails since I just didn't feel like my current day self could prepare for or survive this event. This was an embarrassing time for me. Just a year ago I was 50 lbs lighter and could have kicked this events butt. Now I feel like a quitter.

Over the weekend my buddy again copied me on an email that he was signing up. I instantly said I wouldn't in an email reply...but this was killing me. I was angry at myself for giving up. A day later, I just signed up! Wow!

I now have 8 months to prepare and don't know where to start but I am excited for the first time in a long time. My wife supports me and I know I can do it.

The one thing I know is I will need a lot of support to turn myself around, and I'll look to Spark People to gain momentum as I track my progress.

I'm not sure what I've gotten in to here, but here goes!

http://www.warriordash.com/register2011_ohio.php

1 comment:

Tom said...

You signed up. That is the first step. I have faith that we can find our inner Warriors. Now lets get to the rec center and give it hell!