Friday, January 17, 2014

Lucky

I believe people that work hard will find more luck than those that look for luck. I am not sure I worked hard to find my wife, or my family for that matter, but I sure am lucky. Day-to-day work issues, time requests, lack of sleep, non-existent exercise plan, and so many other stressors can wear a person down. I recently had to schedule a time to spend talking about being thankful for what we have in my family. Turns out, this was a nice exercise. My thought for the day is spend more time, even a few minutes verbalizing with someone you trust about what you are lucky to have in your life. It could be that you have a good job, a roof, a close friend you have stayed in touch with, or your health. The point is not what you list or discuss, but that you take a minute to allow the other distractions in life to be placed aside, and you give time toward positive reflection.

I could make more money, have a bigger house, drive a 1988 canary yellow Lamborghini Countach, weigh less, eat better, work out more...but this list pales in comparison to all the great things in my life. I will focus on what matters, work hard, love my family, and continue to realize I am lucky in the only ways that count.

No comments: