Friday, October 03, 2008

My Review of Keen Austin Shoes - Men's

Originally submitted at REI

Urban trekkers will appreciate the old-school sneaker styling and functional design in the Austin, a classic style from Keen.


Very comfortable, not so durable

By Mark M. from Cleveland, OH on 10/3/2008

 

4out of 5

Gift: No

Sizing: Feels true to size

Width: Feels true to width

Pros: Stable, Comfortable

Cons: Wear Out Quickly

Best Uses: Casual Wear

Describe Yourself: Comfort Driven

These are very comfortable shoes (as with most Keen footwear). After one year of casual wear the sole is splitting off the shoe on both left and right shoe. This is somewhat dissapointing, I expect a good brand shoe to last longer in very casual usage situations. The style is unique and fun.

(legalese)

1 comment:

Mark said...

I have an update to this post. these shoes have a problem. the midsole seperates from the shoe after about a year. I thought this may be a wear and tear issue, but it's happened on multiple Kean shoes I have. This bugs me sonce I love the fit and feel of keen shoes, but it looks like the more casual Keen's all do this. My hiking boots are fine, and get way more wear and tear on them.